#BOOItForward #sweepstakes Twitter Party Rules
The #BOOItForward Twitter Party Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1.How to Enter.
To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Twitter Party Period (defined below), log onto your Twitter account and follow the links and instructions to RSVP on SoFabChats.com for the #BOOItForward Twitter Party. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each Tweet during the Twitter Party Period with the hashtags #BOOItForward and #Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules.
You must have a Twitter account to enter the Sweepstakes. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can create one by visiting www.twitter.com. Twitter accounts are free. You must also be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account (i.e., you must make sure your Tweets are set to "public" and not "private").
All entry information and Tweets (as applicable) shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Submissions" or each as a "Submission." Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Limit: Each Submission submitted by an entrant throughout the Twitter Party Period must be different, as determined by Sponsor in its sole or absolute discretion, or will be subject to disqualification. If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
2. Start/End Dates. The Twitter Party entry period begins at 3:00 P.M. eastern time ("ET") on Thursday, October 12, 2017 and ends at 3:55 P.M. ET on Thursday, October 12, 2017 (Twitter Party Period").
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Collective Bias, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Mars Chocolate North America LLC, Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. Winner(s) will be selected in a series of random drawings which will occur at 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 minutes from the start of the Twitter Party Period. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Twitter Party Period at the time of each drawing. There will also be a random drawing after the Twitter Party has ended from all of the entrants into the Twitter Party who did not win a prize in the Twitter Party (the "Post Party Drawing). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing prior to the time cut-offs detailed above. The series of drawings will be conducted by Sponsor.
5. Prize(s). Subject to verification, and provided there are enough eligible entrants, four (4) "First Prize" winners and one (1) "Grand Prize" winner will be randomly selected from the eligible entries received during the Twitter Party Period. Each "First Prize" is a $100 Walmart gift card and two BOO Kits. The "Grand Prize" is a $150 Walmart gift card and two BOO Kits.
Each BOO Kit contains the following items:
- MARS Chocolate Variety Bag
- Trick-or-Treat Bags with Handle
- Stickers (one set)
- 8 Inch Pumpkin Treat Bucket
- "Boo" to You Card
- Tissue Paper
- A $25 Walmart Gift Card
Total Approximate Retail Value of each Prize ("ARV") of each Twitter Party First Prize is $228.58. ARV of the Grand Prize is $278.58. Total ARV of all Prizes combined: $1,192.90.
Gift card terms and conditions apply. The First Prizes and Grand Prize are referred to as a Prize. Each Prize is redeemable for merchandise only and will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Each Prize will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be avoided if altered or defaced. Limit one (1) Prize per Twitter account / per person. Prize(s) is/are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any Prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserved the right, in its sole discretion, to not award any unclaimed Prize. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s). Prize will be shipped between 4-6 weeks following selection of the Winners
6. Notification. Potential winners will receive a direct message from Sponsor through the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes on or about October 12, 2017. In order to receive such direct message from Sponsor, potential winner has to have to have his/her Tweet Privacy settings "unchecked." Potential winners will be required to respond to the direct message and complete Sponsor's contact form within ten (10) minutes of receipt. If a potential winner does not respond to direct message or complete the contact form within the required time frame, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative potential winner, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In addition, each winner will be required to complete, sign and return a certification. If the winner's prize is over $600 in this Twitter Party or cumulatively over $600 from other Sweepstakes conducted by Sponsor, winner will need to provide his/her social security number via an affidavit in order to receive a 1099. Each certification or affidavit must be signed using DocuSign within 3 days from the date it is sent or the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner selected at random from the pool of entrants into the Twitter Party. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the affidavit is not completed and returned as set forth above, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner.
7. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TWITTER, MARS CHOCOLATE NORTH AMERICA LLC, WM. WRIGLEY JR. COMPANY, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASED ENTITIES"), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives, including but not limited to through the use of any tweets or Submissions that are inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, disparaging, promoting illegal activities, discriminatory, or contain other objectionable information.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY PAGES OR SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. Entrants waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York Entrants agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
14. Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2017 to #BOOItForward Twitter Party Official Rules, c/o Collective Bias, 1750 S. Osage Springs Dr., Ste 100, Rogers AR 72758.
15. Sponsor. Collective Bias, Inc., 1750 S. Osage Springs Dr., Ste 100, Rogers, AR 72758.
MARS CHOCOLATE NORTH AMERICA LLC, WM. WRIGLEY JR. COMPANY, AND THEIR AFFILIATES ARE NOT SPONSORS OR OFFERORS OF THIS PROMOTION AND NONE OF THEM HAS ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM AND RELATED TO THIS PROMOTION. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, TWITTER.