#SummerIsForSavings Twitter Party Rules
#SummerIsForSavings Twitter Event Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU ("ENTRANT" OR "YOU") MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. Eligibility. The #SummerIsForSavings Twitter Event Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States, who have a Twitter account, and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry who receive an invitation to enter. Employees of Collective Bias, Inc. ("Sponsor" and "Administrator"), TracFone Wireless, Inc., and their officers, directors, agents, related entities and representatives, their affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where restricted or prohibited by law. If you do not have a Twitter account, it is free to create one at www.Twitter.com.
2. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
3. Submission Entry Period. Except for the Early Bird entries, Entrants may make submissions via Twitter following guidelines outlined in How to Enter ("Entry") between the hours of 1:00 pm - 1:55 pm ET on Monday, August 14, 2017 ("Entry Period"). Date and time can change based on Twitter's status. If date and time are changed Entrants will be notified via Twitter using appropriate hashtag (#SummerIsForSavings). Sponsor's clock is the Sweepstakes' official clock.
4. How to Enter. Enter by RSVPing for the Twitter event at #SummerIsForSavings event by logging into the site via Twitter, clicking the button on the #SummerIsForSavings event page, be actively participating in the event by tweeting during the event, and by using the hashtag #SummerIsForSavings. To be eligible to win prize(s), Sweepstakes Entrants must submit a tweet during the Entry Period using the #SummerIsForSavings hashtag and must also submit one tweet with both the hashtag #SummerIsForSavings and the hashtag #sweepstakes. Standard data and message rates apply. Tweets must be made by the authorized account holder at the time of entry and must stay within the set character limits. Any attempt at other internet entry is void. Tweets will be reviewed and those containing content deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be lewd, profane, hateful, defamatory or promote discrimination; violate or infringe another's rights (including privacy, publicity, or intellectual property); or material that is unlawful or otherwise inappropriate for any reason will be void and the related entrant disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Tweets are eligible to take part in the Sweepstakes.
All sweepstakes entrants are required to comply with the FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising at 16 CFR 255 (available at http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/press-releases/ftc-publishes-final-guides-governing-endorsements-testimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf). These obligations include disclosing in any Twitter post or communication, or any other communication, that they make about the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, or the event that they are an entrant in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that your Submission fails to conform to these Official Rules.
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) and Odds of Winning. Prior to the commencement of the Twitter Event, there will be an "Early Bird" prize whereby Entrants who have already RSVPed for the event may retweet a phrase that will be provided on the event page along with the hashtag #sweepstakes. The Early Bird Prize is one (1) $50 Walmart gift card. There will be four (4) First Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize during the Twitter Event. All of the prizes are referred to in this paragraph are collectively, the "Prizes".
Each First Prize is a $100 Walmart gift card. The ARV of each First Prize is $100. The Grand Prize is a Samsung 40" Class FHD (1080P) Smart LED TV. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $447.99. Final pricing remains at the discretion of the retailer. Total value of all Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is $897.99. For more information on Samsung 40" Class FHD (1080P) Smart LED TV service details, logon tohttps://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-40-Class-FHD-1080P-Smart-LED-TV-UN40J6200/44162664. All winners, including the Early Bird winner, will be chosen at random from eligible Entrants who have RSVPed subject to verification at Sponsor's sole discretion, full completion and return of any required forms and compliance with all the terms of these Official Rules. The Early Bird winner will be selected at the beginning of the Event by the Administrator. If the Early Bird winner has not responded as set forth below prior to ten (10) minutes being left in the Event, a new Early Bird winner will be randomly selected and announced during the Event. For all other prizes, they will be awarded to those who are actively tweeting in the five (5) minutes prior to the prize being awarded. Winners, including the potential Early Bird winner, must be present and participating in the Event using the hashtag #SummerIsForSavings and #sweepstakes at the time that they are drawn as a Prize winner. Odds of winning the Early Bird prize are dependent on the number of eligible retweets of the phrase. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of participants involved the event. All winners of a Prize will be notified via Twitter @ message @SoFabChats during the Twitter Event on August 14, 2017. Each potential winner must respond to @SoFabChats via Direct Message stating his/her date of birth within five (5) minutes of being selected to claim his/her Prize or he/she may forfeit his/her Prize in the Sponsor's sole discretion.
Each winner will be required to complete, sign and return a certification. If the winner's prize is over $600 in this Sweepstakes or cumulatively over $600 from other Sweepstakes conducted by Sponsor, winner will need to provide his/her social security number via an affidavit in order to receive a 1099. Each certification or affidavit must be signed using DocuSign within 3 days from the date it is sent or the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner selected at random from the pool of entrants into the Twitter Party.
a. All Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a winner with their Prize, the Sponsor may elect, to provide such winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value, at Sponsor's discretion.
b. There is a limit of 1 (one) Prize per household during the event. Prizes will be shipped within 4-6 weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes. Each gift card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth on the gift card. See Walmart Gift Card Terms and Conditions at http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57.Each gift card is redeemable for merchandise only and will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Each gift card will not be replaced or replenished if it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without your permission and will be voided if altered or defaced. Winner is responsible for any taxes on prizes awarded.
6. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES (DEFINED BELOW), THEIR ADVERTISING OR SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated entities BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. Sponsor and Administrator assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any cause, including any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet Service Provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mails. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant and each of their agents, assignees, executors and successors agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, TracFone Wireless, Inc., Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, use or misuse of a prize, participation, or inability to participate in Sweepstakes, any Entries or any Sweepstakes-related activity. Releasees are not responsible for printing errors or for lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled Entries or any other documents. Releasees are not responsible for any: (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical failures or errors, or failure to properly process Entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, failure to make Entries or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; or (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer by entering this Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical or electronic. Releasees shall not be liable to any Entrant or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor's sole control.
7. Governing Law: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN DISTRICT COURT FOR THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF ("JAMS RULES"). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN NORTH CAROLINA.
8. Consent: UNLESS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, A ENTRANT CONSENTS TO THE USE OF HIS OR HER NAME, LOCATION, LIKENESS, IMAGE, ADDRESS, ENTRY INFORMATION, TWEET, AND/OR PRIZE INFORMATION and/or Sweepstakes entry by Sponsor and TracFone Wireless, Inc. for promotional and other purposes (including without limitation, commercial purposes) in perpetuity in all media worldwide without notice, review or approval and without further payment, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail regarding the Sweepstakes.
10. Miscellaneous: Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time, at its discretion. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter, who is responsible for assigning all Twitter accounts. Any false information provided within the context of the Sweepstakes by any Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right or any other non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the Entry from the Sweepstakes.
11. Winners' List: For the name of the prize winners, those interested print their name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: #SummerIsForSavings Twitter Event Official Rules, c/o Collective Bias, 1750 S. Osage Springs Drive, Suite 100, Rogers, AR 72758. Specify "Rules" or "Winner List" on the card. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes end date (listed above) and requests must be received no later than October 31, 2017.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Twitter or Walmart Stores, Inc. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.
Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc., 1750 S. Osage Springs Drive, Suite 100, Rogers, AR 72758.